Sunday, August 17, 2014

Gastric Adventures: Foods I Have Eaten Since My Arrival


Osaka is the food capital of Japan.  I love food.  This seems like a match made in heaven.

I decided to hit the ground running, so to speak, when it came to sampling the delicacies of my new home.  I don't know what most of these things were, or exactly what was in them, but they were delicious!
A red bean filled pastry with coffee for breakfast the first morning.

Lunch.  My first taste of fresh udon.  Plush a plum onigiri and tempura battered Japanese ginger.

A snack so I could sit in the cafe out of the rain.  It was tasty, though.

Second day's breakfast.  I don't know what kind of fish it was, but it was tasty.

My first ever gyudon.  Basically rice with thin sliced beef on top.  This one has cheese on top.

And an ice cream because it was really hot.

My first bar experience.  Yakisoba is delicious, but I have no idea what all was on this.

Natto!  It wasn't that bad.  This was my breakfast this morning.  Never figured out what to do with the raw egg, though.

This was some kind of omelet with rice inside and sauce and cheese on top.

And I finally caved and stopped at McDonalds.  Although, I have never seen a teriyaki burger on the menu at home.

Bonus video - My yakisoba danced!

2 comments:

  1. Cool! Thanksfor sharing your brave adventure of eating food and you don't know what it is! Maybe it's better that way. Why is your Yakisoa "dancing?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dish it came on was one of those metal plates they serve hot (like you get fajitas on). The heat made the super thin fish flakes dance. I just thought it was really cool.

      Delete